Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I Want To Really Live

After reading My last book and also digging into one of the new ones I am working on, I am convinced of our need to be changed to reflect the character of God. I wouldn't say this is a new revelation for me but one God is having me focus on more intently. I love this quote from the McManus book I am reading. "God formed us in his image and then breathed life into us. God's life in us is sustained by character. When we lose the character of God, we lose the life of God in us. But to have his character, we must first die to ourselves, because to become like Him is what it means to really live."

I read this today and I was prompted to pass this info along to you. Let God examine your character. If we are not becoming more like Christ, He is not "living" in us.