Friday, February 16, 2007

I'm Tired...I Swear...

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since I last wrote anything here. If you read my first post, you will see that I can be...undisciplined. BUT, this had nothing to do with it. I've been running crazy the last couple of weeks.

It started 2 weeks ago. We installed a new FOH console at the church and it took a good week away from my life. We are really excited about it though. The sound quality is amazing. Our Aviom system never sounded better. And now, we have no excuse to not put time and effort into our recording ministry. Sometimes you just need a little push. It has been a huge blessing to have my Brother here with us. He is invaluable and a great FOH engineer.

We've also begun a new sermon series here at the Church. we began using a creative team last year and it has revolutionized our process and also the depth of message. We have had a great time with our new Creative Director David. He started as a Youth Pastor here, but it is like we released a lion now that he is doing what God has truly gifted him to do. It's fun to see him work. It's also a blast to see how everyone on the team works together. Of course, this takes a lot of thought. I've felt like I've been at the edge of not being able to have thought. I told my wife last week that I feel like I've gotten more brain stimulation in the last couple of weeks than in the last couple of years.

So there's my excuse. i don't care if it's a good one or not...it is one.