Friday, February 16, 2007

This subject has been covered heavily

I was fortunate to go with my kids to see Switchfoot last night. My kids adore them. We were able to take my son last year for his B-day to see them, so he was excited to have them here in his home town. We new the promoter for the event, so the kids were able to hang out later and meet the guys. They really enjoyed it!

Anyway...why is it that people are so excited about everything but God. Or, have we been placed into some mold that says we aren't allowed to be active in our worship of God? I know everyone has there opinions about this (God has His too in His Word), but I guess my thought is somewhat sad. I watch people go crazy at concerts. then I go to church on Sunday and I watch them stare at worship leaders like me as if they could care less. What do we want? Pleasure? An experience? Are we looking to get something out of it? I think that may have something to do with it. Worship isn't about us, it is about whatever we are idolizing. We can't go to church and expect some amazing dramatic experience or loud music or a "celebrity" standing on stage. Or can we? Have we placed so much emphasis on needing a human being to be our attention or focus, that we have forgotten the Creator is there for our Worship and Praise. I think if people worshiped God like they worshiped people and music, they would be surprised to find that an experience with Him is like no other!