Saturday, April 21, 2007

"Even The Rocks Cry Out!"

Don't know how many of you have seen this article? Scientists believe they have recorded the Sun singing! That's right...singing. They have shown that there are specific frequencies that resonate from the Sun's atmosphere. They go on to say that when the Sun sets off flares and such, there are even more sounds that are emitted.

Ok...think about this for a minute. The Sun is singing! The Bible says that "even the rocks cry out". Even the creation sings God's praises. 2 things that come to my mind in this.

#1 - The frequency at which the Sun is "singing", is too low for the human ear to hear. If you think about that, it makes complete sense. Why would the Sun be singing for humans? The Sun is singing for it's creator and no one else. Do we sing exclusively for the purpose of praising our creator?

#2 - I think there may be more to this, "even the rocks cry out" than we think. At first read it sounds like, "if we don't, then they will". In other words I take that to say, When I stop praising, creation praises for me. I don't think I should look at it this way. I think that creation is always singing. In fact it never stops singing. It is praising it's Creator 24/7. We...humans...are the ones that fail at that. I think the scripture is saying that even when we fail, God is still praised. It is sad that those God has created specifically to love Him, fail so miserably at it. Take another step. The Sun is just doing what it's been created to do. And because of that, God is praised!

I think we can learn a lot from creation. God created it for His glory. He has told us that creation itself proves Him and praises Him. Guess what...creation is doing it's job! We aren't. Creation is going to continue to do what it is created to do. Praise it's Creator. How about we do what we were created to do.