Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vacation...Yardwork, Music, Books and a Dress

So, I am on vacation. I actually turned my phone off today for a while. That was weird. You may be asking why the heck I am on the computer. Well, I can't let that go, but I will be off my lap quite a bit. I may blog if I get a chance, I may not. We'll see.

I am going to try and read a book I got a couple of weeks ago. It is small, so it suits me well. It is "Who You Are Wen No One's looking" by Bill Hybels. I have been wanting to read through this for a while. I think it will have some good challenges, maybe even a couple I need to hear even if I don't want to. I heard a quote the other day. "People do what is Inspected, not what is Expected". That's brutal, but true. I guess we are weak, no matter how strong we think we are.

I plan to really listen through some music I haven't had a chance to spend time with. I have a couple of new CD's to pick away at. I picked up the new Tim Hughes CD "Holding Nothing Back", a couple weeks ago and I've got it in the Ipod ready to go. I plan to mess in the yard tomorrow, so I will enjoy the smell of fresh cut grass and good music. I've always enjoyed Tim's writing. Very thoughtful and real. His new CD was mixed by Shane Wilson who also works on bands like David Crowder and Leeland, so I expect it to sound great.

SO this AM I went along with my wife and a friend from the worship team and we spent the morning looking for a dress for my daughter. She is 13 as of yesterday. That's really weird. It's weird that I have a 13 year old daughter and it's weird that I am old enough to have a 13 year old daughter. My parent's visited this weekend, so we had a special time with them celebrating this milestone. The plan is that tomorrow night, she is having a party with a couple of friends. Mom is going to give her a gift...it will be the dress. All the girls will already be prepared with a dress of their own. they will all get dressed up and they are then traveling to a really nice restaurant here in town to have desert together. Kind of a girls night out with a chaperon. It sounds like a blast. My son and I will be shacked up in the bedroom playing Xbox and watching movies. I am excited for her and her friends. they should have a great time.

Well, I need to get back to my couch and start thinking about how I am going to get all this stuff accomplished on my vacation...or not.