Sunday, July 15, 2007

Links and Stuff

So I was hanging out with my computer wondering if I should try to think of something cool to say and I've got nothing. It's Sunday PM and I'm a little brain dead. So here's a little basic info and some cool links to cool things that other people have said.

Mom and Dad are here. They got the keys to their house today. They are moving down here to be near us and we are excited. Dad is retiring after 43 years as a Pastor. WOW! I have to say, I have an amazing example and leader in him to model my life and Pastoral career. He has been the Pastor of First baptist Church of Eugene for the last 17 years, so it has been an awesome ministry to end his career on. Unfortunately it is mostly health that is causing the end to his run. I am sure he and my mom will get involved down here and God will still use the both of them in amazing ways.

I have to say CONGRATS! to Bran, Nevvy, Shawn and my bro. They are all involved at church and in ministry with me and they have all had babies in the last week! Crazy!

So I've been reading through some of the blogs I receive via my reader and here is some cool stuff that came through today...

I've really enjoyed the spiritual wisdom and humble attitude of Perry Noble at New Spring Church. He just had a little girl recently so a lot of his posts have talked about her. Here's a great link to some of his Sunday PM thoughts.

The guys over at Lifechurch.tv have put together a site called YouVersion. it is an interactive online Bible. Check out this link and read more about it. I am excited to put this to test when it is officially launched.

I saw this post over at Mandy's Blog originally and it linked to an article talking about one cable companies decision to "punish" their delinquent customers. You might get a kick out of this!

Finally...this just ticks me off. Terry Storch posted this on his blog. This is our "Christian" community hard at work. Whether we agree with a Hindu prayer in the Senate, is not the issue here. The issue is how some so-called believers choose to "combat" what they disagree with. In doing so, they continue to trash the name of Jesus and the world insists on wrapping me up in the same package as them. You can check the link out here.