Monday, July 16, 2007

Mixing It Up

So I am on vacation this week (kind of) to do something I love. Many of you know that before I was a Pastor, I worked as an audio engineer. I did mostly studio work, but spent quite a bit of time mixing live bands. I miss it, but my responsibilities at TRF let me keep my hands in it.

So this week I will be mixing the dinner stage for the Jackson County Fair. I am really looking forward to being outside all week (looks like we will have cooler weather) and also meeting people from around our region. It will be a great opportunity to tap into the Southern Oregon music scene and see what's going on. Even if it is a little "Southern Oregon"...it should be fun.

I'm basically working from 10-10, so I will post up each evening with some pics of what the day looked like. You should have something in your email or reader when you get up each morning.

I am also reading through this weeks book for "Reading Rainbow". I've got a couple chapters down already, and it's a smaller book, so I'm not stressing about this one, even with my fair schedule.

Wish me luck...and I am sure I will need a little patience dealing with some of the infamous "music" crowd.