Sunday, July 8, 2007

Next Book - Week 3

This week for "Reading Rainbow" I will be digging into the book "Simply Christian" by N.T. Wright.

I started this book on Friday PM and have gotten through the first 4 chapters (of about 16). This is going to be an intense book. This book is a deep thinker. I am finding myself reading a little slower to make sure I don't miss anything and sometimes reading things twice. I don't want to miss anything. I've been using little post-it notes to mark things and I've already gone through a stack of them. It may be difficult to fit the whole review in one post, so I may give you a couple. It has been great to hear Wright's passionate desire to know Jesus and to study Him authentically. he spent time in the first chapter explaining incorrect world views of Christianity that I think were right on.

Anyway, I am looking forward to sharing this one with you on Friday!